how to extend small wood pellet mill service life
When you have bought a small wood pellet mill, what you should pay attention to is how to use it for as long as possible, since this is the best way to cut your production cost to the lowest. As a matter of fact, the most important for lengthening its service life is to properly maintain it.
The maintenance of small wood pellet mill
1. Before using it, read the Instruction Manual carefully. This step can help you be familiar with the performance, structure, utilization and maintenance method of the small wood pellet mills.
2. Test run before using the small wood pellet mill. Before starting the pellet mill, check if all the screws are tight. Then start it for test run to see if its rotating direction is in accordance with identified and if there is abnormal noise.
3. Adjust the clearance between the roller and die of small wood pellet mill. Make sure their clearance is about 0.2mm to 0.3mm, which means the roller and die do not touch each other.
4. Before using the wood pellet mill, grind it for several times with some mixed material of wood sawdust, fine sand and engine oil with the proportion of 1:2:1 until the die holes are smooth to extrude pellets.
5. Machine halt. In the beginning, stop feeding wood sawdust before stop the machine until the material inside the storage bin is finished pelletizing, and add the oily mixture material to the small wood pellet mill till it is pressed into the holes. This can prevent blockage in the next time.
6. Pellet mill die maintenance. Under normal production, the roller bearing should be cleaned by gasoline or diesel oil once every 30 days and add heat resistant lubrication oil.
7. Pellets length control. The length of wood pellets is controlled by the extension length of the pellet cutter.
8. The maintenance of gear. Replace the gear oil in the new machine the first 6 months. Then maintain it every half year.
To lengthen the life span of small wood pellet mill, good maintenance is like skin care to women. So maintain your small wood pellet mill at the time you have got it to use it for even longer than you expected.