Top 14 FAQ for Ring Die Feed Pellet Mill
1Q: Why the ring die feed pellet mill vibrates with abnormal sound? What are the main factors?
- 1) The materials conveying is not stable, the feeding speed should adjusted.
- 2) Deflection scraper abrasion causes uneven feeding, the knife should be replaced.
- 3) The feed pellet machine ring mold and the pressure roller are old and new, preferably the new ring mold is matched with the new pressure roller.
- 4) The gap between the ring die and the pressure roller is not coordinated with the material produced, and the pressure of the pressure bar is adjusted.
- 5) The reason for the pressure roller, the new and old pressure roller are used together or the pressure roller is worn and damaged.
- 6) The formula used is more difficult to granulate and the formula is adjusted appropriately.
- 7) Insufficient steam supply or changes in pressure, check the steam line and system pressure and pressure relief valve are normal.
- 8) There is debris in the granulating bin to remove debris from the granulating bin.
- 9) If the spindle bearing is worn or damaged, the bearing needs to be replaced.
2Q: Why is the ring die feed pellet mill current is not instable?
- 1) Improper adjustment of the pressure ring gap.
- 2) The feeding knife is seriously worn and the material is unevenly distributed.
- 3) The product is semi-finished or the return material contains too coarse powder (the graded sieve is damaged).
- 4) The raw materials and the added liquid and steam are mixed unevenly.
- 5) The drive belts are tight.
3Q: What should I do if the feed pellet mill does not start up?
- 1) Check if the power supply is properly energized.
- 2) Check if the safety pin is broken.
- 3) Check if the travel switch is in place.
- 4) Check if the ring mold feed pellet machine door is closed.
4Q: Why the particles of the ring die feed pellet mill are not tight enough and the powder is more? How to deal with it?A:
- Control the pellets production, increase the ring mode compression ratio, if necessary properly adjust the formula.
5Q: Cause and solution for inconsistent color of pellet?A:
- 1) Control the water amount added and the mixing uniformity of in the mixing.
- 2) Control the quality of the ring mold such as the smoothness of the hole, etc.
- 3) Control the fineness and uniformity of the pulverization of the material before granulation.
6Q: Why the pellets are bent and many cracks appear on one side?A:
- These phenomena are caused when the pellet leaves from the ring die. When the cutter position is far away from the rig die surface and the cutter edge is too blunt, the pellet is broken by touching or tore but not by cutting, at this time, some pellet bends one side and the other side surface appears cracks.
- Increase the pressure from the ring die to the feed, which is to increasing the compression ratio of the ring die, thus increasing the density and hardness of the pellet material; crush the feed raw materials much finer, if the molasses or fat is added into it, the dispersion uniformity should be improved and the additive amount should be controlled, to improve the pellet density, avoiding feed being loose; adjust the distance of the cutter from the surface of the ring mold or replace it with a sharper cutting blade; use aid additive with bonding, to improve the inner binding force of the pellet.
7Q: How to do when the die hole is blocked seriously?A:
- 1) After soaking the die holes with oil, slowly press in with the compound feed to observe the discharge.
- 2) Slowly feed the whole corn or fractured corn to observe the discharge.
- 3) Whole corn, oil, and fine sand are mixed and fed to observe the discharge.
- 4) Use a power drill to drill the filler (improper handling can damage the die hole).
8Q: What happens when the ring mold drive rim needs to be replaced?A:
- 1) Ring die centering pin or ring bolts often break.
- 2) The gap between the ring die and the drive rim is very small or substantially in contact with each other.
9Q: What are the reasons for the quality problems of the ring model?A:
The quality problems of the ring model generally have the following reasons:
- 1) The fixing bolt is too short; the bolt quality problem and material (grade 8.8).
- 2) Fixed shackle is too long; ring model damage caused by ring die.
- 3) Dirt contained in the plug hole; ring die drive rim or hoop wear.
- 4) New and old ring molds and pressure rollers.
- 5) The pressure roller is adjusted too tightly.
- 6) The eccentric shaft adjusts the wrong direction.
- 7) Excessive open rate or wrong relief hole.
- 8) The ring mold is installed obliquely.
- 9) The drive rim or feed rotating cone ring is not clean.
- 10) Excessive wear of the ring die.
- 11) The ring mode continues to be overloaded.
10Q: What are the reasons of ring die breaking?A:
- 1) Too small thickness of the ring die, causing the bad strength.
- 2) Ring die is inserted with hard matter during the running (such as the metal objects such as bearing balls falling in the feed pellet mill chamber).
- 3) Too small interval between the rollers.
- 4) The ring mold clamping surface is seriously worn, and the snap ring card is not tight or the snap ring is dropped to cause the flange to be damaged.
11Q: What are the function of tempering?A:
The functions are as followed:
- 1) The conditioner adjusts the degree of gelatinization of the starch under the action of hydrothermal, which is beneficial to the absorption of the animal; at the same time, the protein is denatured by heat, and the denatured protein is easily digested, thereby improving the digestion and utilization ratio of the pellet feed.
- 2) Sterilizing the powdered material.
- 3) Quenching and tempering can significantly improve the water resistance of pellet feed.
- 4) Quenching and tempering can improve the granulating properties of the material, increase the yield and particle quality, and improve the life of the granulator die and press rolls.
12Q: Why does the main shaft of the pellet machine shakes? How to deal with it?A:
The reasons for the spindle sway are as follows:
- 1) The spindle tail is not tightened or not tight.
- 2) The main shaft of the 350 and above models has a large clearance between the spline and the spline seat. The rear keyway of the 32 and below models has a large clearance with the transmission shaft, the transmission shaft and the safety pin seat keyway.
- 3) The gap between the safety pin and the safety pin sleeve, the safety pin sleeve and the safety pin seat hole is large.
- 4) Spindle bearing deformation or bearing wear.
- 5) The inner hole of the ring die is too large ≥ 0.30.
- 6) Uneven adjustment of the gap between the two rollers.
- 1) First check if the spindle is tightened, first remove the rear fueling system, remove the spindle gland, and check if the butterfly spring is deformed. If the butterfly spring is flattened, a new butterfly spring should be replaced (the number of butterfly springs and the assembly position should be the same as before the unassembled). Then tighten the locking screw on the main pressure cover and turn it on to check if the spindle is shaking.
- 2) If it is still shaking, remove the main gland, use a copper rod to cushion the main shaft, use a sledgehammer to punch the main shaft toward the ring mold, and then remove the main shaft sealing cover to check whether the main shaft bearing is in good condition. If the clearance is too large, the bearing should be removed to replace the new bearing, and then the spindle should be locked in order. 3) During the process of mounting the spindle, it should be noted that the position of the inner ring of the spindle bearing should be positive before the spindle can be assembled in place. Under normal circumstances, after the assembly is in place, the end faces of the main shaft and the end face of the transmission wheel are about 10 mm apart. If it is checked that the spline fit clearance is large, the keyway fit clearance is large, the safety pin fits the gap, and the inner wall of the ring touches is out of round, the above components must be replaced. After the spindle is installed, the opener checks for sloshing.
- 4) After the spindle is normal, the gap between the pressure roller and the die should be properly adjusted. The spacing cannot be adjusted to one side and the other side is small. This may cause the spindle to sway, the discharge is not smooth, and the current is unstable.
13Q: What are the main reasons for the difficulty in discharging the ring die feed pellet mill and the low yield?A:
- 1) If a new ring mold is used, first check whether the compression ratio of the ring mold matches the processed material, the compression ratio of the ring mold is too large, the resistance of the powder through the bore is large, the particles are pressed out too hard, and the output is low; The compression ratio of the ring mode is too small, and the particles are not pressed out. The ring mold compression ratio must be re-checked to check the smoothness of the inner hole of the ring mold and whether the ring mold is out of round. The inferior ring mold is rough due to the inner hole of the ring mold. As a result, the discharge resistance is large, the particles are not smooth, and the discharge is difficult, and the yield is lower, so it is necessary to use a high-quality ring.
- 2) If the ring mold is used for a period of time, it is necessary to check whether the inner hole of the ring mold is worn and the pressure roller is worn. If the wear is serious, the ring die can be repaired, the worn taper hole is re-bored, the press roll wear must be replaced, and the ring die cone wear has a great influence on the output.
- 3) The gap between the ring die and the pressure roller needs to be adjusted correctly. The general spacing between the production of livestock and poultry material is about 0.5mm. The spacing is too small, which will cause the pressure roller to ring and shorten the service life of the ring die. If the gap is too large, the roller will slip. Reduce production. Pay attention to the time and quality of raw materials, especially the moisture of the raw materials before entering the machine. The moisture content of raw materials is generally 13% before quenching and tempering. If the water content is high, the moisture content of the raw material after conditioning is too high (moisture ≥ 16%), the phenomenon of slippage in the mold will occur, and it is difficult to discharge.
- 4) It should be noted that the pulverization fineness of the raw material should be matched with the diameter of the die hole, and the fineness of the raw material of the small pellet feed should be finer. Meanwhile, the quality and temperature of the steam should be ensured. If the steam quality is poor (no water and no steam and steam) and low temperature regulation, it will affect the ripening effect of the powder and reduce the output.
- 5) To check the distribution of the raw materials in the ring mold, the raw materials cannot be unilaterally run. If a similar situation occurs, the position of the feeding scraper must be adjusted to distribute the raw materials evenly in the ring mold, so that the service life of the ring mold can be prolonged. At the same time, the discharge is smoother.
14Q: How to improve the phenomenon of uneven pellet surface?A:
- 1) Properly control the thickness of the powdered feed so that all raw materials can be fully softened during conditioning;
- 2) For raw materials containing more fiber, do not add too much steam to this formulation because it is easy to trap steam bubbles.
Get In Touch
We receive enquiries in English, Español (Spanish), Русский язык (Russian), Français (French) and العربية (Arabic). Our professional team will reply to you within one business day. Please feel FREE to contact us!